We will not worship in church this Sunday. Instead, please worship with us online by clicking on the “Worship” tab, above.
Grace Lutheran Church will be hosting in-person, outdoor worship services. See the dates in the calendar to the right. The services will take place on Liberty Street. The street will be blocked off for our event! (In case of rain, the event will not take place.)
If you plan to join us for the outdoor worship service, RSVP to Karen Nein at email@example.com or call the church office so we know how many to expect. The worship team will still be posting an online worship services as usual each Sunday at www.graceshillington.org.
We will be following all relevant COVID-19 guidelines for the in-person event. As we have learned, there are risks associated with gathering together, even when outdoors, so if you choose to attend the outdoor worship service, you agree to accept those risks and to follow the protocols and restrictions below in order to reduce the risk of exposure to the virus:
- Stay home if you are ill or especially vulnerable to COVID-19.
- Maintain physical distancing of 6 feet or more at all times as you enter the area, worship, and depart.
- Masks covering the nose and mouth must be worn by all people at all times.
- We will limit the size of the gathering. If we exceed the capacity of our outdoor space, unfortunately we will have to turn people away.
- Temperatures will be taken and your attendance will be recorded before you are permitted to enter the outdoor worship areas.
- Social distancing will be required. Everyone is asked to bring their own chairs (camp chairs, lawn chairs, etc.) and the ushers will advise as to where to set up the chairs in order to respect social distancing guidelines. If you are unable to carry your own chair to the service, please inform Karen when you RSVP and Grace will provide a sanitized chair for you to use.
- Stationary offering plates will be placed in the worship space.
- A modified worship will be presented with no singing and no responsive prayers.
- Communion will be distributed at the end of the service. Please consume communion in your car.
- Restroom access will be limited to one person at a time. You will be directed by the ushers.
If you are able and comfortable attending, we hope to see you on Liberty Street. If not, please join us online as usual on Sunday or whenever it is convenient for you.